Sunday, January 19, 2003

So I called up my ex-girlfriend tonight, and talked to her for about half an hour. Normally, I would curse her very name for 'deserting' me on so many occasions in the past, but this time around, I am actually intrigued by her sudden reappearance in my life. You don't just call up your ex-boyfriend's cousin and ask her for his phone number after leaving him hanging for nearly a year (and longer than that in past instances) and not have some ulterior motive other than, "I just wanted to say hi and see how you've been." It is a dangerous game I am playing by stepping back into a memory I'd rather forget. Three times out of four, this ended in some kind of emotional scar for me.
Moping will solve nothing in this world, so chin up buddy-oh. Tomorrow you'll be hitting the slopes once more, knee deep in white gold. College life returns the day after your snowboard trip, and another snowboard escapade will follow this coming Saturday, so life is not as dreary as you once may have known it. And why are you talking to yourself in the third person, you psycho?
Schizophrenia aside, I am stoked to board tomorrow. Shit, I was hyped just to hear about my buddy's ski trip to Whistler in Canada. Hearing about someone else's experience on one of snowboarding's most infamous mountains made me salivate in vicarious desire. Once I get my board, bindings and boots, you better believe I'm going to neglect all responsibilities and ride the slopes solo. For now, I can rest content with my current status as a green rider and compile a cd for me to listen to when I snowboard tomorrow. Does pneumonia strike twice?

No comments:

Post a Comment